Railroad Forums 

• Boston and Maine Customers

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#19516  by GP9

On the Waterbury Branch the cusomers that I know of are:
PeterPauls Syrupe Terminal (6 Tank cars)
Hull Hubbard Ind. (1 Tank)
Aggreates (6 hoppers)
Republican American Newspaper(3 box)

Are there any others that I don't know about?

#22887  by GP9

Highland Line:
Firestone Building Material (Tank cars, 2 inside tracks)
Permatreat (room for 10 gondolas and or hoppers)

Canal Line Customers:
Amerigas (8 tanks)
Forestville Lumber (2 Bulkflats and/or Box)
Greene Inc. (scrap gondolas)
Northeast Steel (4 flats)
 #24404  by rb

Just rode the line yesterday, Waterbury->CGT, and I have a few questions.

I was disappointed to see the siding to the LPG facility just south of the station totally overgrown--when was the last time it was used?

It looked like a switch to a new recycling customer was being installed just south of the gas facility--private (not MNR) construction equipment was on-site and new track was down. Can anyone confirm?

Is the corn syrup terminal further (south) down the line the Peter Paul facility? There were 4 cars there this weekend.

And what's the line that branches off south of Derby-Shelton station? Does that get used?

Thanks!
Rob

P.S. I'll post pictures of boxcars at the Republican-American to NERail soon.
 #24405  by rb

Also, what does this facility receive in tanks? It has a *very* short siding!

#24810  by GP9

I have never seen the gas company with cars on their siding--have been going to Connecticut for about 10 years. They have a sign at their entrance that states this facility will be converted to a liquefied natural gas terminal.

As for Peter Paul, their full name is PeterPaul Syrupe Terminal.

The line that goes west from Derby is the old main line to Danbury CT it is used by both the Povidence & Worcester by Housatonic RR.