Railroad Forums 

• Book on SP's Sunset Limited

• Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroad subjects, past and present, in the American West, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, and The Dakotas. For specific railroad topics, please see the Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Komachi

#774504  by jhdeasy

I recently purchased a a copy of "The Sunset Limited: SP's Premier Train with a Southern Accent", a hardcover book published by the Southern Pacific Historical & Technical Society. Price was $60.00 plus $6.00 shipping via UPS.

http://www.sphts.org/

I enjoyed the book and thought it was good value for the price. Plenty of good photos, illustrations, and textual information. It made me wish I had been old enough to enjoy a Pullman trip on The Sunset Limited during the train's peak years of 1950- 1958.