Railroad Forums 

• Book announcement: B&O cabooses...

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1480730  by nydepot

Encyclopedia of B&O Cabooses Vol 5 Eight Wheel Wood Cars by Dwight Jones.

Cover classes I-1 to I-4, I-6, I-9, I-10 and I-14. I know the I-10 is a common topic on this forum. I have the other 4 volumes. They are packed with info, diagrams, and photos.

Charles
Last edited by nydepot on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1480734  by BR&P

Charles, I have an advance copy and that book is a wealth of info on the BR&P/I-10 cabooses. i have corresponded with the author since the 1970's and he has really hit a home run with this one. Lots of pics, color and B&W, a chart with disposition, and where the various cars saw service over the years. I highly recommend it for anyone interested in these cabooses. As you mention it also covers a few classes of "straight B&O" cabooses as well, and they are done in fine detail as well.
 #1480740  by Otto Vondrak

nydepot wrote:Encyclopedia of B&O Cabooses Vol 5 Eight Wheel Wood Cars by Dwight Jones. I didn't see a due date.

Will cover classes I-1 to I-4, I-6, I-9, I-10 and I-14. I know the I-10 is a common topic on this forum. I have the other 4 volumes. They are packed with info, diagrams, and photos.

Charles
Good bump. The book has been out for a while, available from B&O Historical Society (scroll to the bottom):

https://www.borhs.org/Shopping/Books.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-otto-