Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1584733  by Pensyfan19

Some of you may remember this concept of an FRA compliant DMU produced by Bombardier based on the M7 from the late 2000s or early 2010s. From what I heard, this unit was originally proposed for the LIRR and Oregon Department of Transportation (likely for WES Commuter Rail), but no orders of this model were delivered. Does anyone know if this model actually exists or has a prototype (and where it could be now), or if it is only a digital rendition? Additional info on this railcar and proposal would also be appreciated.
 #1584734  by R36 Combine Coach

This was a "digital only" publicity/press image, using an edited M-7.

The landscape clearly resembles the La Pocatiere (Quebec) assembly plant.

This concept was offered as an proposal for East End (North Fork) service.
 #1584915  by workextra

Real or not, it’s a good idea. But with the battery concept I wonder if they can do a diesel/batter version. To extend the range

Low platform access should be provided so the Train can be used to test potential new Stations or flag stops.
Special Service forgotten concept
 #1584981  by scratchyX1

workextra wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:01 pm Real or not, it’s a good idea. But with the battery concept I wonder if they can do a diesel/batter version. To extend the range

Low platform access should be provided so the Train can be used to test potential new Stations or flag stops.
Special Service forgotten concept
You mean like vavarail is doing with its battery powered pop up metro concept?