Railroad Forums 

• BNSF power on NS train last night

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#72839  by Metalrailz

Nick what time on Saturdays are you at South Plainfield?
Gotta love the cuisine at Sherbans Diner.....

#72841  by OCtrainguy

"Geez OC! One of the CSX engine's numbers is 666 in that page! Freaky man! Anything bad happen to you after that? :wink:"

Nothing that I can recall! :-D

#72844  by Metalrailz

In answer to your question a good place to sit in South Plainfield is on Front Street by the South Plainfield Diner or across the street by the steel warehouse with the siding...I forgot the name of the business so I can't give you that, but I know the local MA-1 serves it quite frequently. Another cool spot to sit is in Piscataway off of New Market Road near a breakfast and lunch eatery. It is by New Market pond. There is a gravel driveway and nobody has ever bothered me there. Someone else on this forum can hopefully help you with the names of the establishments...
The diner in South Plainfield is Sherbans(should know that I lived there for 23 years), the lot where OC takes his pictures is across the tracks from Nischwitz Feed and across the street from the MOW facility.

#73008  by nick11a

Metalrailz wrote:Nick what time on Saturdays are you at South Plainfield?
Gotta love the cuisine at Sherbans Diner.....
That wasn't me who was in South Plainfeild. I'll get there one day though for some railfanning. I've only been there for high school football games and marching band shows. Ah, the good ol' days....

#75161  by JLo

Looks like the engineer is either waiving or preparing to give you the 1 finger salute!

#75314  by kpiersol

Naw, he wasn't interested in me at all. There was what appeared to be a rather good-looking nanny/mother with an infant in a stroller a couple of blocks up the street waving at the train. If you catch something a little later in the afternoon, the school leaves out, and there are lots of students for the train crews to look at.

Kim Piersol

#86557  by BlockLine_4111

It's normal to see NS power in the BNSF power pools out here on the Front Range Subdivision.

bNSf

#86685  by nick11a

BlockLine_4111 wrote:It's normal to see NS power in the BNSF power pools out here on the Front Range Subdivision.

bNSf
Haha. Very clever there Block.

#86716  by njt4172

Block is a visionist or a visionary, but he is also very hairy... :-D :P :-D