Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Looking to Grow via Acquisitions? P&W a target?

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

#937738  by Jeff Smith

Hmmmmm. Disclosure: Railroad.net is not an investment site, and offers no investment advice concerning the possibility or feasability of such transactions. I'll leave the more knowledgable to dissect any such transactions!

There's a parallel topic in BNSF. I figure the P&W angle can be discussed here. Also, and I wonder about this, but the other railroad mentioned also has P&W in it's initials? Coincidence?

http://www.smallcapnetwork.com/Warren-B ... id/1/id/3/
Providence & Worcester Railroad Company operates an independent railway in Massachusetts, Rhode Island Connecticut and New York. It is the only interstate freight carrier serving the State of Rhode Island. In all, there are 545 miles of track in its system. There is a dividend yield of 1.08 percent
Linked to FB; "like" us at: https://www.facebook.com/RailroadNet and receive topic updates via Social Media!
 #937775  by Cowford

This article says nothing of BNSF- or Warren Buffett, for that matter - as being interested in P&W. It merely says that small-cap investors should be interested in the likes of PW for the same reasons that prompt Buffett's interest in railroads.
 #937781  by dano23

Seems like they're just pointing out the smaller railroads that are in the "small cap" range and just a far fetched idea at that to drum up some investors using Buffets name. There are not too many railroads that you can invest in if your limited by price and with the exception of say Rail America shares and Pioneer Railcorp, they mentioned PW and P & WV (even though in theory not a railroad anymore.)