Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Conductor Trainee Study Guides

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1249704  by Engineer Spike

That's real smart! Study the test. Pay attention to what the instructor, your conductor, engineer........it's all right there. The rules are useless unless you know what they mean, and how to apply them.

The mock tests might give you an idea of what they are looking for, but this is too important to just study the test.Your life, and 100 others depend on it.
 #1250027  by ljpierce1965

I know how to take classes. I utilize all sources of information. Study guides, quizzes, instructors, fellow workers that seem to have a clue. I take it all in.

I even listen to my father-in-law. Even though he works as an engineer for UP, he can give me all sorts of good advice that should be applicable to BNSF.

I'm going into this with a clean slate because although I can figure things out pretty well, this is a field that I know nothing about. So I want absolutely no preconceived notions or ideas.
 #1250952  by ljpierce1965

Wish I could edit my previous post on this. It didn't come across like I intended. I'm really not usually that much of an a-hole.

In any event, I am looking forward to this as a new adventure and something I really want to do. For things I really want to do and learn about, I usually place very high when testing.
 #1252923  by Safety Hobo

Student Conductors need all the help they can get...The way that a lot of questions are witten in the homework, quizes, and tests can make you frustrated annd/or confused. One example is question 11 in the SSI portion of the final exam. The question is written clearly for only one of the answers to choose from, but they want you to select the answer that says two are correct (A and B) when the question is written for only A to be truly correct, if you're a logical person. Most of the questions that give you the option of choosing "all of the above" or "A and B are correct" are most likely that answer. READ THOROUGHLY. The people who "revise" the materials for class are not English professors! Question 202 is C. Good luck and question those trainers.
Last edited by Safety Hobo on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1252924  by Safety Hobo

The study guide in the link above is outdated and missing a few rules. Send me a message so I can email you a better study guide. Until I convert the "doc.x"file type to the kind that this forum will upload, I'll have to email it.
 #1255734  by PSNOUS

Safety Hobo wrote:The study guide in the link above is outdated and missing a few rules. Send me a message so I can email you a better study guide. Until I convert the "doc.x"file type to the kind that this forum will upload, I'll have to email it.

PM sent