Railroad Forums 

• BNSF CONDUCTOR INTERVIEW????? PLEASE READ!!

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1008396  by ajmahne

Hello everyone. I have a question. I need advise and opinions. Long story short I had an interview for conductor trainee. there were about 130 applicants being interviewed and there were about 5 different BNSF interviewers. I knew one of the BNSF interviewers. This person I know of is a Train Master for the area that I was interviewed for. I spoke with the Train Master that I knew the day after the interview and he told me that he VOUCHED for me and talked greatly of me to the HR guy who interviewed me. So my question is... What are my chances of getting that initial offer via email? I'm supposed to hear back in the next couple of days so I'm really excited to hear back good news. So any opinions would be helpful. thanks!
 #1008950  by ajmahne

Ok, I got the email from BNSF stating that I passed the test and interview, but they can't offer me a position right now. The email said that they selected me as an ALTERNATE... ALTERNATE?! is this good? what are my chances of getting into a conductor class now that I'm an alternate??? Please respond with any thoughts... THANKYOU!
 #1010322  by jz441

Alternate means that they already selected their candidates, but if one of them does not pass the physical and/or background check you step in their place.
 #1010817  by ajmahne

Thanks for the replies everyone. I don't usually post stuff in forums so I thought I posted this in the right place. I don't know how to move it over to the employment section. Is that possible?
 #1010904  by Jeff Smith

ajmahne wrote:Thanks for the replies everyone. I don't usually post stuff in forums so I thought I posted this in the right place. I don't know how to move it over to the employment section. Is that possible?
Way ahead of you! ;-)