Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Alternate and Training

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1251810  by militaryhorn

I interviewed for a BNSF conductor position for the San Antonio location back in January. At the interview, the HR person notified everyone there that they were hiring for 2 classes; one in February and one in April. She said that those selected for the February class would get the conditional offer of employment email and those that would attend the April class would get you have been chosen as an alternate email.

I received the alternate email the very next day but I haven't received anything since. I am planning all my retirement dates for the military and I do not have a good date for when the training will start. My question is has anyone had a similar situation and how long after you received the alternate email did you finally get your conditional offer of employment email? Also, if anyone has a good number for me to contact at BNSF HR department...could you PM it to me.

Thanks
 #1251970  by trvr815

An alternate status is NOT a guarentee. Is there a good chance they will call, yes. Classes are also what HR intends but may not come to fruition at that date discussed.

I interviewed with BN back in November and still have not heard anything.

The only thing you can do is wait. HR may let you know when the next class will start but that is it.

A back up plan maybe in place. I'm with UP now and interviewed recently for the BN and CN.

Best of luck to you.
 #1252030  by militaryhorn

Good points. I guess I forgot to mention that the February class she mentioned they were only hiring 2 or 3 to fill out the rest of the class. The rest of the offerings were going to be for the April class. There were 22 applicants being considered for roughly 15 positions. I would like to think that I had a good shot at one of those. Thanks for the reply
 #1602922  by dennis70

i got a alternate offer the 19th of july so im asking is does the alternate offer pertain to the next conductor training after this first one