Railroad Forums 

• Billerica & Bedford question

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1027763  by GP40MC1118

The switch was restored to service a few weeks ago, but I believe today was the first
time for a freight move. LA-3 with 5 cars from Lowell went in on the B&B. Did not
come out that way. Instead, returned to Lowell via Shop Interlocking.

D
 #1027863  by newpylong

Regardless of the MBTA owned switch, the branch itself was just restored to service yesterday by Pan Am, and coincidentally so was the first move.
 #1077698  by Red Wing

So I was driving down Floyd St. for the 1st time in months and noticed that the crossing was repaved and the line was cleared on the Marshall School side.
 #1077789  by newpylong

I am fairly sure they did clear down past Floyd, about halfway to Boston Road for headway into the Park. They do roll in with some big trains that would prob need to pass Floyd...
 #1078240  by newpylong

I live in Billerica too. Would love to see them move the UPS facility over from RT 129/RT3 to the Park and get the rubber on to rails. That's a huge rumor going around.... Most likely always will be a rumor.
 #1121299  by Red Wing

Listening to the scanner the other day I believe it was LA-3 asking MBCR dispatcher for permission to go on the B&B . I then here a call from LA-3 saying that the B&B was OOS and permission to go to Shop instead. Does anyone know why the B&B is out of service?