Railroad Forums 

• Bill filed to remove commuter rail operations from MBTA

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1620851  by west point

In the 1970a & 1980s my work often sent me to LAX for 16 -20 hour layovers. At that time the public transit was impossible to navigate rationally. The SCRTD appeared unable to rationalize getting around from the near airport hotels. When Prop "A" was proposed my feeling was "what a waste" the car centric layout will never give up on the spread out area of the LA basin and on to San Diego...

The opening of the line to Long Beach and subsequent opening have all be missed. However, from what I have read the coordination and implementation of commuter rail , subways, light rail, and buses is very well choregraphed. What make this system work?. I have no idea since not being in the area anymore. State laws, local laws, important posts filled by veery dedicated competent persons.?

IIt makes me realize how wrong I guessed the results. The spread-out basin has adopted rail much more than any predictions I and advocates ever imagined.

What ever it is Mass needs to study the actions and results. Then implement them in the Boston area . Probably some state wide agency, has to have the authority to bring the 2 x 4s out bringing all transportation agencies both public and private businesses to the woodshed! Then coordination might happen.