Railroad Forums 

• Bethgons at DP

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #34644  by lirrmike

I was driving along Long Island Ave. in Deer Park yesterday, when passing by the old DP station I saw a string of ‘Bethgons’(?) on the passing siding up there stretching west over the Deer Park Ave. trestle. Could anyone shed some light on why they’re there and where they are going? I believe they were all empty. Thanks.

Mike

#34836  by mainline

Those gons are for coastal distribution at PW. I was by PW recently and it appears the building has not been completed.

#34968  by lirrmike

Talk about storing cars far away! Thanks for the answer, I had thought that was the reason, but you never know.

Mike

#35653  by jayrmli

The cars are actually for MHF Logistics, not Coastal. MHF didn't need all the cars and was paying NYAR for storage. Most of them were moved back to Fresh Pond today.

Also, the building at PW is completed, and waiting for litigation with the Town to come to a conclusion.

Jay