Railroad Forums 

• Best Pro Video Harrisburg to Pittsburgh

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#91276  by erievalley

What videos would the rail buff community consider providing best coverage from Harrisburg to Pittsburgh. It seems like most are of the "Curve" from Altoona to Cresson or a little beyond, and again in Pittsburgh. Looking for some mid-winter entertainment. Thanks......Jerry.

#91296  by charlie6017

I never see anything except what you mentioned, Jerry. That would be a good project!

#91776  by erievalley

Not me, I'm not much into mainline taping. I'll just stick to shortlines, less hassle......Jerry.

#95097  by Miketherailfan

For me, shortlines and tourist railroads is what I take video. Maybe I can get a mainline video one of these days.....
 #95703  by dwil89

There are several good pro-videos. Green Frog has 3 separate tapes that cover Harrisburg to Altoona/Gallitzin to Johnstown/ Johnstown to Pittsburgh.....They were filmed in the mid 1990's, so they cover Conrail operations. Big E productions did a 2 tape set on "24 hours at Horseshoe Curve" that fanned between Altoona and Johnstown, and then set up overnight at Carney's Crossing near Lilly for oernight action. Highball Productions recently put out a tape called "Norfolk Southern, Beyond Horseshoe" that covers between Altoona and Conpit Junction, in New Florence. Trains did a Horseshoe Curve Tape back in 1995 that covered between Altoona and South Fork, and rode up the West Slope on a helper set. I believe that it was Digital Image Works that did a nice tape in 1999 called " Conrail..Horseshoe Curve Helpers", that rode up the East Slope from Altoona to Cresson on a helper set with Conrail Engineer Rusty Hensinger..The view alternates between in-cab shots and trackside locations along the way up. Dave Williams http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nsaltoonajohnstown
 #95739  by JJJeffries

Railroad Videos did a four tape release in the 1980s from 30th St. Station to Pittsburgh's Penn Station all done in the cab.

Very well done. I have the series. They are all packed pending a move. It gives you the feel of being the fireman.

The train was The Pennsylvanian.

Best,
JJ
 #95929  by dwil89

JJJeffries wrote:Railroad Videos did a four tape release in the 1980s from 30th St. Station to Pittsburgh's Penn Station all done in the cab.

Very well done. I have the series. They are all packed pending a move. It gives you the feel of being the fireman.

The train was The Pennsylvanian.

Best,
JJ
I have two of these tapes...Harrisburg to Huntingdon and Huntingdon to Johnstown..shot from the Cab of an Amtrak F40. I've watched them numerous times. Dave Williams http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nsaltoonajohnstown