Railroad Forums 

• Best HO-scale restaurants and diners and police stations

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#12410  by NJTRailfan

So what are the HO-scale art deco styled diners, and drive throughs? I think Walthers came out a good one with Al's Drive through. I'm looking for good buildings with lots of good detail. Also any good police dept buildigns as well? I have Walther's firehosue and thats a great structure. I hope Walthers can build a police version.

Thanks.

#12472  by Otto Vondrak

I think you want to get yourself a Walther's catalog and just leaf through the structures section. Or, just go there on-line. Also try Internet Hobbies.

http://www.walthers.com

http://www.internethobbies.com

-otto-

#12545  by Hostler

Over the years structure kits have expanded dramatically. Between AHM, LifeLike, Tyco, Magnuson, Walthers, Heljan (American style structures), DPM and many others, we have a wide choice of structures to choose from. No question that a Walthers catalog is a must, I have to admit that except for one year, I have their catalogs from 1972 to 2004. The 1972 Walther's was at best 100 pages, today its over 1000. If you go on the NMRA site, they have a section 'NMRA Wide World Directory of Web Pages'. This page covers manufacturers, clubs, historical groups, museums, and many other topics and sites. Use this as a starting point and use links from sites you visit to find out what else is out there.