Railroad Forums 

• BEST catenary Model railroad ever !!

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1108241  by jmp883

I've always been impressed by layouts that feature catenary. It's not something I think I'd want to model myself, especially in N-scale, but my hat is off to those of you who do. :)
 #1108481  by nittany4

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with European N scale operating catenary? There are systems from Vollmer, Sommerfeldt and Viessmann

I am extremely curious about the Vollmer product. I am hinting at receiving one (or two!) of this starter set for Christmas.

http://www.eurorailhobbies.com/erh_deta ... tock=V8040

Not sure if it will be more trouble than it is worth, and i have no idea how it would work with DCC, but it looks like an easy way to figure it out. I know the European prototype isn't exactly to PRR standards, but in my mind it will look better than none.

Any insight would be appreciated.

THANKS!
 #1108624  by maddoxdy

choess wrote:Bumping an old thread here...Andy's layout has made "Great Model Railroads" 2013.
This is why I picked it up and bought GMR 2013. The rest are not too shabby, but the NEC was fabulous! I hope to get some over head wire up like that. Very impressive.

Doug Maddox
 #1109072  by acelaphillies

maddoxdy wrote:
choess wrote:Bumping an old thread here...Andy's layout has made "Great Model Railroads" 2013.
This is why I picked it up and bought GMR 2013. The rest are not too shabby, but the NEC was fabulous! I hope to get some over head wire up like that. Very impressive.

Doug Maddox
I agree, that's the whole reason I bought the issue and I was not disappointed!