Railroad Forums 

• Beacon Park Tracker

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1178847  by Rbts Stn

Komarovsky wrote:Went by thisbevening and it's still there.
Saw it myself yesterday.

They must have put a cloaking device on it last week. Weird.
 #1178919  by Cosmo

Rbts Stn wrote:
Saw it myself yesterday.

Those PESKY Romulans!! :razz:
Seriously, it WOULD be nice to see it saved, or restored as an exhibit, maybe near S. Station, since I'm sure it did duty out of there at some point or other.
 #1203907  by railman616

Get your pictures quickly we are pulling out of Beacon this weekend! Only thing that will still be there will be the B721 for the Market and Houghton Chem.
 #1203929  by Ironman

There was a bit of life, but after this weekend it'll be really dead. RIP Beacon.
 #1212880  by Rbts Stn

Cosmo wrote:
Rbts Stn wrote:
Saw it myself yesterday.

Seriously, it WOULD be nice to see it saved, or restored as an exhibit, maybe near S. Station, since I'm sure it did duty out of there at some point or other.
Went by there on the Pike twice yesterday, twice more today, and don't see the car anymore.

I could be blind, though.
 #1212886  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Rbts Stn wrote:
Cosmo wrote:
Rbts Stn wrote:
Saw it myself yesterday.

Went by there on the Pike twice yesterday, twice more today, and don't see the car anymore.

It was still there as of Labor Day Monday
 #1212935  by csxb&aconductor

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
Rbts Stn wrote:
Cosmo wrote:
Rbts Stn wrote:
Saw it myself yesterday.

It was still there as of Labor Day Monday
went by today and lead three and tv 1 are becoming overgrown and everything was still there from buildings,signs,and even the office car
 #1215789  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Not sure if my eyes were deceiving me because I didn't get a good look, but was driving the Pike eastbound ramp from the Allston tolls last week and the ex-Romar siding appeared to be all torn up. Chopped-up asphalt at the end and disturbed ballast. Couldn't get a look to see if the rails were still there or had been taken out. Are they starting the process of pulling up yard rail for scrap?
 #1215873  by BostonUrbEx

I was Harvard-bound on a 66 bus on Monday and I noticed that all the tracks are rusty... except... (well, except the MBTA Worcester Line track, obviously) for the northernmost track, spurring off to the left around the outside of the yard. I'm not sure why those rail were so shiny. Is the leftmost track through the yard the way to access the Grand Junction?
 #1215885  by MBTA1016

BostonUrbEx wrote:I was Harvard-bound on a 66 bus on Monday and I noticed that all the tracks are rusty... except... (well, except the MBTA Worcester Line track, obviously) for the northernmost track, spurring off to the left around the outside of the yard. I'm not sure why those rail were so shiny. Is the leftmost track through the yard the way to access the Grand Junction?
It think so, I don't remember the grand junction having a switch directly on the Worcester line.
 #1215889  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Mbta fan wrote:
BostonUrbEx wrote:I was Harvard-bound on a 66 bus on Monday and I noticed that all the tracks are rusty... except... (well, except the MBTA Worcester Line track, obviously) for the northernmost track, spurring off to the left around the outside of the yard. I'm not sure why those rail were so shiny. Is the leftmost track through the yard the way to access the Grand Junction?
It think so, I don't remember the grand junction having a switch directly on the Worcester line.
It does. The T and Amtrak pull a reverse at that switch for north-south equipment swaps.

CSX may be taking the scenic route through the back of the yard of late for the Everett daily.
 #1216483  by boatsmate

I have a question regarding the Circus train, I know in the past the park some of the cars on the Grand trunk and the rest in Beacon Park. is this going to change now that it has been closed?? the Circus is scheduled to be in town next month, Manchester, Worcester and Boston.

Capt Bill
 #1220568  by CSX Conductor

I haven't been keeping up on the CSXT General Bulletins, but the last time I read anything was before the line was given to MBCR. There was a General Bulletin stating that all switches in Beacon Park were spiked to allow only one way in and out of Beacon Park. From CP-4 the route is lined to Lead 3, to TV-1 down to the Engine House Lead under the Mass Pike where the lead to CP-3 & Grand Jct are. With that being said, The RBBB Circus train could still in fact access The Grand Jct. However, the question would lie....what about the flat cars for trucks and equipment? In years past, the animal cars and passenger cars be parked on The Grand Jct, while the flat cars would be parked on TV-2 in Beacon Park. Of course, now that Beacon Park is closed, who knows what will happen this year.