Railroad Forums 

• Bayshore active customer or team track?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #474476  by Spartan Phalanx

Is there still an active team track in Bayshore? If so, who is served there and how often? What kind of rolling stock do they get? Thanks.

#474672  by SwingMan

Its east of the station on the south side. lirr415-Peter
 #474723  by lb101

On my way home from school today I am going to swing by third ave and take a look for any activity. :-)

#475134  by SwingMan

So,whats your report Leigh? lirr415-Peter
 #475202  by C&D CASH OUT

I am a college student doing a school project.can someone help me find c&d transfer stations on rail?is there a list somewhere?looking for stations in NY and NJ mainly.i am running out of time.....
 #475695  by lb101

On my way home took a drive past the team track yesterday and I notice that there might not be any east side connection to the line but there is a new concrete grade crossing for it on 3rd AVE so I am not sure if there is any action there. Also I did not see any freight at that location in the past couple of days that I been looking there and so far the only place I have seen freight is at Islip at the lumber 84 siding. :-)

#477436  by li7039

no action on that siding at all

#477472  by SwingMan

I don't think it has been serviced is because there are probably no custimers there. lirr415-Peter

#479277  by li7039

Peter

I live and work down the street from that siding. There has been no action on that siding for years. It is not starting to become over grown with weeds and litter.

#487488  by badneighbor

Lived in Bay Shore 27 years, still work there. Havent seen anything but MOW on bay Shore freight siding in many moons. Like... before I was driving.

#508270  by jmeechum

Here's a view just east of the switch...

And what's left of the former Bay Shore Yard....

Not much going to be happening here anymore...

Both taken 1-12-08

The Gecko watches over the yard now...

Mike

#508652  by Spartan Phalanx

How many tracks made up that yard? When was it torn up?

#508658  by nyandw

badneighbor wrote:Lived in Bay Shore 27 years, still work there. Havent seen anything but MOW on bay Shore freight siding in many moons. Like... before I was driving.
Perhaps you can place the MOW photos I have, then! What years were before you were driving? I believe the photos of the MOW equipt are 20 years old. Thanks!
Steve