Railroad Forums 

• Bay Ridge Hack GONE!

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #82948  by BMT

Well, I was up on the Sutter Avenue platform of the Canarsie Line -- taking shots of a NYCT March-of-Dimes sponsored nostalgia train -- I glanced down to the Bay Ridge ROW and noticed the old LIRR caboose was missing. I assume it was scrapped by Gershow, ENY (which is right there). :(

Can anyone confirm the fate of the ol' hack that was out there for years?

#82988  by Jayjay1213

It was scrapped. Last time i was there, the wheels were still there.

#83120  by Lupo 10

Doug,

We'll always have the pictures!

#83380  by BMT

Yes, the trucks are still there. But there is no way to really confirm IF those are indeed the trucks to the hack. After all, there are another pair of freight trucks off to the side of the ROW near Livonia Avenue (supposedly, they belonged to the boxcar that was scrapped at that spot some years ago.

Joe: yeah, there's always the pictures of that 'day of adventure' on the Bay Ridge. :-D

#83443  by b&p rupture

Lupo 10 wrote:Doug,

We'll always have the pictures!
BMT wrote:Joe: yeah, there's always the pictures of that 'day of adventure' on the Bay Ridge.

So where aree these pictures? care to share? and when was this "day of adventure' on the Bay Ridge?