Railroad Forums 

• Batten Kill Railroad

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#153558  by MEC407

Some of you may find this article interesting (the Batten Kill interchanges with GRS):

http://www.rednova.com/news/technology/ ... on_tracks/

#153584  by b&m 1566

That is a very good story; goes to show that regardless of money losses they still find away to keep rolling. Volunteers helping maintain the track and workers knowing there not making a whole lot of money but doing what they love (Most probably work a 2nd job). I wonder if any companies will settle along the line in the future. Even though the speed is slow and the operating time is long, I couldn't help but feel while reading it that the four companies on the line have not been let down in service. Yes there have been some hard times but the companies are still there receiving freight by rail.

#160036  by Engineer Spike

Batten Kill interchanges with the D&H. D&H runs a local to Eagle Bridge twice a week. I think that this dates from rights established when the Batten Kill was a D&H branch.