Railroad Forums 

• BAR stuff to give away

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#120216  by Cowford

I'm cleaning out my office and dumping a lot of the railroad "stuff" I've collected over the years. Most is going in the trash, but there'e some stuff that I think would be of interest/value to another. This is everything from old maps to newpaper articles and railroad publications, B&M Historical Society magazines from the late 70s/early 80s. Mostly BM and MEC, some BAR, other roads. Not sure how much I have. If you're interested, email me and I'll be happy to forward this stuff on. If you only want a specific road, let me know and I'll sift through. No worries about postage. I just don't want to see this stuff end up in a dumpster.

#120260  by bwparker1

John,

I would be interesed in any MEC stuff you have, spec. Maps and information regarding operatins in Maine/NH/VT

Let me know what you have and I'll let you know it is of interest.

Thanks,
Brooks

#120297  by MEC407

I would be very interested in any of the B&M stuff. :-D

#120495  by BAR

I will take anything BAR. Please advise what I need to do. Happy to pay postage, etc.

Bill O'Connell

#120773  by Fogg1703

I'd definetely be interested in any BAR Maine Line employee mags. I would also be willing to pay postage and any other fees associated.

Brian

#120978  by CarterB

Any info you may have on the MEC line or operations that went on up to Oquossoc and Kenebago from Rumford, ME would be appreciated. Also any passenger operation/s info of the MEC or B&M (non-commuter related).

Carter B

#122003  by Cowford

Thanks for the responses... give me a couple of weeks to sort through it and I'll send out emails for addresses.

#128444  by Noel Weaver

This gentleman is good enough to post this stuff on here and give it away,
I hope you all have your checkbooks ready to re-imburse for the postage,
chance of a lifetime to save historic items.
This is the very least that you all can do.
Noel Weaver

#135805  by Cowford

Thanks for those words, Noel... no worries on the postage, I'm just trying to find good homes for the stuff and maintain a bit of anonymity due to my industry ties. Most of the stuff is sorted and packed for those that claimed specific stuff. It's raining like crap today, so I'll get to the PO on Monday. Still have a CP "value pack" with CP timetables from the 70s/80s, book on CP guide in the Rockies, along with train orders written from Boundary and Tarratine in the 50s.

#136641  by BAR

I will be happy to take the CP Value Pack. Have fanned the former CP at Caribou, Fort Fairfield, Mattawamkeag. Houlton, and Brownville Junction.

Bill O'Connell

#141674  by BAR

Received the BAR material yesterday and it will find a good home with my other BAR railroadiana. Biggest surprise was the AVR ETT. Never had seen one before and I really enjoyed reading it and learning more about the AVR. Thanks very much for your kindness.

Bill O'Connell (BAR)
Williamsburg, VA