Railroad Forums 

• BAR American Flyer stcok

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#9623  by absnut

Does anyone have a color photo or can anyone tell me the color of the Osgood Bradley American Flyers cars as delivered as well as the color of the lettering? Also, were any/all of them eventually painted in the blue/gray scheme as were the AF baggage/mail cars?

Thanks for any help.
 #27583  by riffian

On page 126 of "New England Rails" 1948-1968 by David Sweetland, there is a photo of #2 in May 1957, which clearly shows one of the chair cars in silver and grey. The two RPO bags must have been done earlier, because there are many photos of them in the silver and blue, but photos of the other cars in the scheme are very rare. After perusing all my BAR books, I could find no photos of the buffet-lounge cars in Silver/blue and it is unknown if any were done.

Sorry about the length oftime to reply, but just now got around to getting a new password and getting back on Railroad.net.