Railroad Forums 

• Bad days to fan but trains keep moving

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#370740  by Sandy Burton

Well, Monday was an experience that I won't forget soon. Chased the 420 and 425 to Avon with 17 or 18 cars. Snow was falling and the wind was blowing. After picking up eight cars they headed north and stopped to switch the grain elevator. Within minutes the weather turned to whiteout conditions. Could not even see the train, much less photograph it. So I decided to call it a day and return to the safety of our B&B. A few hours later I went in search of the train but missed it and the waether was not better. Stopped by the yard at 3 pm and the crew was just putting two snow-covered locomotives away. Today the 20 was doing the local switching at ADM with the temperature about 2 degrees and the wind blowing about 20 mph. Needless to say, I did not stay out too long this morning. Sandy