Railroad Forums 

• Back in Service

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#41297  by RDG Mallet

A bit of old news but I will post it anyhow. RBMN SD40-2 3053 is now officially back in service (for about 1 month now) and working in the Pittston area. This engine suffered a turbo failure last year and was OOS for well over a year.

I ran it a few times since it is back and it seems to be doing ok now. This engine is unique to the other 40s because the nose diamond decal has long peeled off. So it looks a bit different. :wink:

Mike

READING LINES "BEE LINE SERIVCE"

#41318  by RR_Fan

So it looks a bit different. :wink:
Every R&N unit is different in its own way. :) :wink:

Jeff

#41684  by Reading Company Crusader

As for R&N units being different there was a Modelers Guide to the R&N pups made up a few years ago. They were all painted to look the same but I felt that a detailed breakdown of these differences needed to be outlined for those puppies :P

Mikey you remember that one :D

CEW

#41860  by RDG Mallet

Oh yeah... :D Modeler's guide to the pups.... :wink:

Mike

READING LINES "BEE LINE SERVICE"

#46684  by RDG Mallet

Well, another update, the nose decal now is re-applied on the 3053. :wink:

Mike

#46727  by TheAngryBrakeman

Did the 3053 wind up at the Port Clinton shop to fix Delevan's "repairs" yet? The last time I saw it it was sitting outside the RMDI shop right after its debut with the new dynamic brakes and it caught on fire in the White Haven tunnel. That was right around the 4th of July, maybe RMDI left a bottle rocket up there.......

#46745  by RDG Mallet

Yep, the 3053 has migrated south and is currently workin the RDG division. I am not sure how much the PN shops have worked on it. But it is seems to be runnin pretty good.

Mike

#47837  by RBMN-ENGR.

The formerly retired 2000 (SD38) is back in the shop at PN being restored to service.

#47964  by RR_Fan

Ha, the #3053 might be back to service but the other day it was pulling South through Mahonay City and the thing wasn't loading over 400 amps while the #3052 was loading at about 800. The crew also found a water and oil mixture in the engine area.

Back to the shop we go... :P

-Jeff

#47965  by RBMN-ENGR.

Ah, the 3053. Another fine quality product from the halls of RMDI! :wink: