Railroad Forums 

• B&M Gawking (District 2 Sightings)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1388767  by F-line to Dudley via Park

BostonUrbEx wrote:Are the plans to open up Kenebunk Station as a Downeaster stop still active? I'm guessing it isn't happening this year as suspected.
All I's/T's crossed and dotted for construction, but the grant funding is time-sensitive with checks not formally allowed to be cut until next fiscal year. Since it's going to be a seasonal stop like Old Orchard Beach, whether it goes live for '17 or '18 depends how close they get to nailing start of 2017 summer season (i.e. at-worst they can maybe miss Memorial Day, but if 7/4/17 isn't solid then they probably just hold off on opening until full-season 2018).
 #1388788  by Dick H

SEPO was east through Dover 6/14 at 5:15PM with 3 CSX locos,
50 Eimskip containers on the head end and 48 general freight.
 #1389635  by 690

Can't get 21 containers unless they're running seven three pack spines, or an individual flat/well in addition to the usual five packs. Poland Springs is using five pack spines exclusively, and the test three pack Verso tried out hasn't resulted in any more yet, afaik. So for now, 21 containers won't be happening.
 #1389644  by Mikejf

You can get any number of containers you want. Not all wells have to be full. I have seen several trains with one or two containers per 5pack
 #1389659  by CN9634

Not to be not picky and sorry for causing trouble... In this instance, anything not divisible by 5 for a container count is significant as it indicates there might be something extra or new to the intermodal service. Poland Spring is only running 5 packs from either WTVL or Portland... On Monday you'll see POED with 20 (no Portland's on Monday but the 20 from the night before in WTVL will have just arrived at Rigby)
 #1393572  by WN&P

Does anyone know what was going on with POED last night? It stopped in Dover with the locos about 100 yards east of the arch street underpass and sat for over an hour, blocking both grade crossings downtown. With the added traffic and all the Pokemon Go players, downtown Dover was a flurry of activity last night. I wonder what the consequences for amtrak riders were
 #1393573  by Dick H

POED had a broken air hose. Crew was unable to find a wrench.
I do not know how the wrench situation was resolved, but #687
was two hours, seven minutes late into Dover. 30 minutes of that
delay was leaving Boston, as #686 was late arriving in Boston, due
to the heat restriction of 40 MPH on PAR.