Railroad Forums 

• B&M derailment into Mascoma Lake

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#1280925  by bumthum

There's still more to be found in the water and in the woods surrounding the wreck site, I didn't really have time to explore because I was on a walk with my family. Next year I would like to get out there and explore a bit more... I'm not sure where the state owned right of way ends and people's private property begins. Typically, in New Hampshire, if it isn't posted then people don't mind you being there, it's really more a matter of finding time. All of the metal on the right of way, including the wreck debris, is property of the state it would be nice to see it in a museum in Lebanon or Enfield but there isn't much devoted to the B&M, or the Northern, in terms of museums. The B&M station still stands in Enfield but it is used as a garage for a volunteer ambulance... maybe Enfield could start thinking about a small museum in part of the old station.