Railroad Forums 

• B&M car "Salisbury Beach"

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#74082  by highrail

A few weeks ago I travelled by train from San Diego to L.A. and spotted the B&M passenger car the "Salisbury Beach" on a siding in Fullerton, just South of L.A. I recall an article in the B&M Historical Society magazine about this car, but cannot recall if the current owner was mentioned. I would guess it dates from the 40s or 50s...it has stainless side panels, and appears to be in nice shape. Anyone familiar with any other details on the car?

Also, just outside the depot at L.A. I spotted a Sante Fe steam loco (could not get the configuration). It was set out at the turntable in the yard. There was also a string of private cars at the depot area in a sep. siding area. Looks like an interesting area for railfanning!

Steve

PS. The Amtrak run from San Diego to LA was great. Great views and great stations on either end.
 #75107  by highrail

Thanks for the info! A great link! I am going to try to make it out there next year for the Fullerton Rail show in May