Railroad Forums 

• B&M 70000 boxcars

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#912042  by bruceclouette

Hello -

Does anyone have access to an ORER from around 1980? I want to model one of the 70000-series B&M 50' double-door boxcars. I have photographs from the 'net but not hi-res enough to read the dimensional information. OK on capacity, load limit, and light weight, but would like door dimensions, inside length, etc. Here is a link to the Fallen Flags site that shows the kind of car I am talking about:

http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/bm/bm70008aga.jpg

Thanks for whatever help you can give.
 #912137  by jaymac

If you haven't done so already, you might want to try the Forum section of the B&MRRHS.
 #912294  by bmcdr

Bruce, I have a decent side view taken in 1979, that if you'd like a copy of, e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll get a high-res copy sent to you.

Using a magnifying glass, I was able to see the reporting marks to the right of the doors, the door opening specs were illegible.

EXW 10-7 H 13-9
EW 9-6 H 14-3
IL 50-6
IW 9-4
IH 10-6
CUFT 4940