Railroad Forums 

• B&H 422

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#96075  by the1jp

Does anyone know the lineage of the 422?
For many years the LA&L ran two 400 series locos between Lakeville and Avon but I don't remember which #'s were usually used.
Also, I recall, two ex-Guilford Loco's sitting on the siding by Vitale Park in Lakeville for a while. Is the 422 one of them?
 #96093  by scottychaos

the1jp wrote:Does anyone know the lineage of the 422?
For many years the LA&L ran two 400 series locos between Lakeville and Avon but I don't remember which #'s were usually used.
Also, I recall, two ex-Guilford Loco's sitting on the siding by Vitale Park in Lakeville for a while. Is the 422 one of them?

ex GTI 451,
ex MEC 451,
ex ST 74,
exx D&H 74/455,
exxx CR 2488,
exxxx EL 2414

built as EL 2414 in 1963.

Scot

Re:

#1590330  by Railroadman4012

Hello, Was wondering on if there is any of the original locomotives for B&H RR like the super old ones where 3 feet wide and a lot smaller than the 6-foot ones that where repased them 10 years later but is there any of this locomotive left? like any of the tank engines or any of the 3 feet ones is there any of the old 6-foot ones left? what I thought was that the B&H RR hade a few locomotives including #11 , #5 , #4 , #D-1 , #D-3 , 422 , and a rail speeder and I thought it opened in the early 1900s and owned a steam locomotive #38 then got #11 in the 1930s but I was wrong lol I thank You For the info on the Railroad and if there is any of this locomotives left would you know where they are or even to look to find them? I would Love to know any info on their Steam Locomotives and Diesels like what was there wheel arrangement/class of the steam locomotives was it narrow gauge? and what happened to lead its closing in 1996 when LA&L Took over the main company?
 #1590422  by NHV 669

#11 is still in service on the Everett Railroad out of Hollidaysburg, PA.