Railroad Forums 

• AYMO / MOAY / 22K / 23K (Ayer-Mohawk trains)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1039515  by jaymac

atholrail-
Wonder if it's struck PAR/S that it has another potential revenue stream by hiring out as a mosquito-control service. How hard was it keeping ahead? 87 pigs uphill must have made for some noise out of two units, not to mention the lube-oil schmutz.
Does anybody have any idea where the odd couple got coupled and if this is the actual beginning of dedicated and separate racks and pigs?
 #1039520  by conrailsharedassets

The 934/935 on the D&H side will likely stay just about the same length which CP allows up to 9000-9500' trains. With the removal of the autos and the addition of some TOFC for Mechanicville on the rear, they will likely offset length wise. All of the other Mechanicville boxes that are supposedly being added to the 934/935 (22K/23K) on the CP and NS side will be all doubled onto the existing wells and run to Mechanicville. The top containers and rearend block will then be removed/added at Mechanicville before the MOAY/AYMO (intermodals) operate to and from Ayer with the usual profile of single stacks and TOFC on the PAS.

The MOAY with the NS 8897 leading came into Binghamton last night as an I2K (ran as CP 9-934 North of Bing) with 31 x 0 (87 platforms) of Intermodal for Ayer and the NS 8897 solo. No additional power was added at Binghamton and somehow the train made it Mohawk (supposedly down to less than 1mph on sections of Belden Hill!!!!!) PAS was smart enough to add the GP40-2 at Mechanicville as supplemental power to get the train to Ayer, MA.

There was another MOAY (I presume the normal train with I believe both Autos and Intermodal) that ran earlier this morning as well. Seems like NS maybe had a log jam of TOFC/COFC in Chicago to go Ayer and ran a second train.

I don't believe this is the start of the Dedicated Autos, but I could be wrong. The autos are coming and sooner than later.

Jim Cerulli
cprsunburysub yahoo group Owner
 #1039966  by conrailsharedassets

I have heard the same thing about the Waterville ramp. However I have also heard grumblings that CSXT and PAR are working on some sort of Intermodal service in D1 and D2, something similar to the SEPO/POSE trains that currently run. But I don't know any specifics. Hopefully NS does decide on the Waterville ramp and puts the stop to CSX's plans!!!

Time will tell what happens!

Jim Cerulli
cprsunburysub yahoo group Owner
 #1040027  by atsf sp

NS may have some influence but not much on happenings up in waterville because it is not Patriot corridor. They will have their trains and csx will have theirs. I have not heard much complaint between both railroads cooperating with Pan Am from either railroad.
 #1082363  by yfrecon

Hello all- its been a really long while since i've posted, so long I couldnt remember my account information....Anyways, I used to be a resident of Nashua but have moved to maine but will be down in the area in a few weeks. I want to watch some long missed intermodal action- AYMO used to depart ayer pretty consistently right after the 12:45 MTBA train if my memory serves me correctly, is that still the case? I'd like to see it leave if I make the trip to ayer. Thanks alot
 #1100048  by MEC407

Anyone hear anything about a MOAY derailment today?
 #1100125  by greenwichlirr

MEC407 wrote:Anyone hear anything about a MOAY derailment today?
Happened last night (Tuesday) at approx 4PM-5PM or so. Just shy of the first crossing in Hoosick Falls. From what I'm hearing approx 15 cars involved on the ground, although non have tipped. That number is open to speculation. Going to be a few days most like for cleanup, as the train is on a road overpass and the bridge over the river. Local PD and FD had already turned the scene over to the RRPD by the time 6PM or so had rolled around.

Here comes the backed up traffic now!