Railroad Forums 

• Autoracks in Manville

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#95305  by kpiersol

Frequently, there is an autorack train sitting on the NS Manville siding with a couple of locomotives at idle with no crew. The train remains there at times for hours before proceeding EB.

There are always what appears to he hundreds of automobiles parked behind the Reading Cinemas. Is this an automobile processing facility, parking for a business, or are the movies just that popular? What is the story behind all those what appear to be new automobiles parked behing the cinemas? Is this parked train any way related??

#95317  by CNJFAN

I believe that siding that you are referring to is the Royce Runner but I don't know why the auto rack train would sit there for long periods of time.

#95326  by wolfboy8171981

The NS Autorack train is the 11J. The Siding is the Royce Running track and is used as a passing siding or a place to duck a train in when its crew is out of time. The cars behind the Walmart are for the Adessa Car Autions witch is unrelated to the Railroad

#96567  by CR80MAC

This train here is NS 18N or M8N. He will usually wait for traffic to clear up in either Croxton or Garden Yard depending on where he is going. A lot of the time they just tie it down and leave it there until there is space and then send a crew to take it in.

CR80MAC
http://CR80MAC.rrpicturearchives.net

#96758  by Ken W2KB

One of these days I'll see if a passenger can get a decent aerial photo of the area. Every once in awhile I've landed on CJ Regional runway 07 the approach for which is right over the ex-Reading track, with a train passing at the time. Darn distracting. :wink: