Railroad Forums 

• ATV on ROW

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #30440  by SeldenJrFireman

I had seen this beeing discussed on another forum and figured I would mention this. About 100'-150' east past MM56, there is an opening to a house that dirtbikes come out of. A while ago they were flying up and down the ROW and just last week went flying west towards Gershow, on the ROW.

Mike W.

#30541  by DogBert

Sounds like MTA PD should be notifed, assuming the ROW is narrow enough that such activity will be a danger...

#30614  by SeldenJrFireman

This should give you an idea of how wide it its

Last edited by SeldenJrFireman on Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#31185  by jayrmli

This has been turned in numerous times to both MTA PD and the Movement Bureau.

About two months ago, Suffolk County PD enforced a crackdown in the area in regards to all ATV operation in the area, as it is not allowed. Quite a few ATVs were confiscated as a result.

Unfortunately, you'll never be able to contain all the idiots in the world.

Jay
 #31329  by badneighbor

the worst thing, is that in spite of the fact they are breaking every law in the book riding those damned things, where they ride, somehow the LIRR or NYA will be convicted by the media when one of those oversized toys ends up a hood ornament on a DE-30 or MP-15. "The big bad railroad killed the innocent victim" I can see the Newsday headline now....

#31379  by thrdkilr

I see it's still tough being a kid growing up on Long Island. Wheres a kid to explore, ride his mini, dirt bike? You can't play little league every day... :(