Railroad Forums 

• attention hoggers !

• Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.
Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#404107  by dash7

i have been reading this forum for about three weeks and it is truely a learning experience, sure i read alot about engines and railroads but hearing TRUE experience from you guys is truely refreshing, thanks for replying to a non-rail employee, its great to read about your experiences PS i know how corny this sounds but i really do envy you guys, cheers : :-D dash7

#404142  by Allen Hazen

Dash-7 (Hmm... with a moniker like that, what's he doing on the EMD forum (Grin!)) isn't the only non-railroad person who appreciates the things you pros say on this forum. I'm also a mere railfan, and VERY grateful for what I have learned here from those of you who actually work with what I only watch. Thanks!

#404463  by GN 599

Thats why I went to work for the railroad. All of the bs we deal with vanishes when you are leaning out the window of an SD40 at track speed waving at the kids and whistlin for em. If you ever see me at the throttle I can guarantee you will always get a friendly wave and a toot on the whistle. :wink:

#404501  by dash7

GN 599 wrote:Thats why I went to work for the railroad. All of the bs we deal with vanishes when you are leaning out the window of an SD40 at track speed waving at the kids and whistlin for em. If you ever see me at the throttle I can guarantee you will always get a friendly wave and a toot on the whistle. :wink:
its good people like you that makes it all the worth while, you know whats going on inside and out and reminds me of when i was a child and waving at engineers and sometimes getting a nathan p5 response!, good luck to you and other rr people out there , cheers; :-D dash7

#405228  by GN 599

When you are into a hobby like railfanning I guess kids applies for all ages :-D