Railroad Forums 

• Atlas Master DCC

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#12008  by Benjamin Maggi

I am looking into purchasing the Atlas Master DCC system and was wondering if anyone had any personal opinions or feelings about this system. I know the technical differences between it and other systems, like the MRC Prodigy and the Digitrax Zeypher. Just wanted stories about how it was good or bad, or comments about setup and ease of use. Thanks. Ben

#12641  by bentnosewillie

I've been using it for a couple of years and am quite happy with it, especially since adding the Lenz XPA cordless-phone throttle - I now use the "on-board" controls just for programming and testing.

The display is a bit limited and takes getting used to when programming, but it's quite a capable system. When I build That Great Layout We All Dream Of, I'll probably upgrade to Lenz. The Atlas system can be included in a larger Lenz system as a throttle, being a brand-labelled Lenz product.

I haven't used the Prodigy, but from what I've seen of it I'd choose the Zephyr or Atlas - both are more expandable.