Railroad Forums 

• As for CR-April 1st

• Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.
Discussion related to the operations and equipment of Consolidated Rail Corp. (Conrail) from 1976 to its present operations as Conrail Shared Assets. Official web site can be found here: CONRAIL.COM.

Moderators: TAMR213, keeper1616

#520924  by tomjohn

Gentlemen,

Where and what were you doing 32 years ago today APRIL 01,1976? I was in high school saw the NYC (EX-L.S.& M.S.RR),PC which ran by my school fall to ConRail move in and on 6 other bankrupt northeastern railroads...

Tom

#521246  by conrail6479

HAPPY BIRTHDAY good old C O N R A I L!!!!!!!

#521498  by TB Diamond

01 April 1976: Chased the first JN-5 (had been Lehigh Valley RR NE-1) from Glass Factory Bay through Geneva to Lyons, NY.

#524869  by Zeke

I was working a yard job in Penn Centrals Wavely yard Newark,NJ. On April 2 my self and four other PC engineers were to meet Lehigh Valley Superintendant Nocitra and begin qualifying physical characteristics over the old LV mainline from Johnston ave ,Jersey City to Port Reading jct in Manville NJ. Like it or not we were all one big railroad now !