Railroad Forums 

• Arcade & Attica, and Dansville aeriels 10/9

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1404358  by SST

Before passing the Portageville bridge replacement we passed just to the north of the plant that the A&A services. I didn't see any activity but I did see several rail cars on the property. I don't recall ever seeing this from the air.

After circling the gorge, we continued to Dansville for lunch. As we turned final, I snapped a picture of the freight house in town.

Further up the abandoned line [northbound] I see a foundation along or near the ROW. Any connection to the railroad?

The final picture is on departure over [FW?] plant with several locomotives in view.
 #1406129  by SST

Well, I knew the plant was the former FW plant. Flown over it many times in the good old days. After all, its Dansville. But, I was curious if anybody knew what the abandoned foundation was in the photo above the FW plant. Curious if it was RR related or just some structure nearby.

Did you ever mount the signals?
 #1406248  by nydepot

In the photo of hte DMM station, the small block building just below it with the green roof is the former engine house. I'm glad I got in 2 years ago and got detail photos and measurements. It's been bastardized into a garage or something. New windows and it used to have an inset, angled flat roof. Now it's got a peaked roof added on.

Plus all the trees have been removed from around it.

Time marches on.