Railroad Forums 

• Anything happening 11/12 or Friday?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #466594  by SOO4601

Hey guys,

I know this is pretty short notice to be asking anything, but what will NY&A be running today or Friday? I'm off school today and Friday, so hopefully i can catch something then. I've been on my scanner all morning but haven't heard anything yet, can anyone point me in the direction of things happening?

Thanks for your help,
Dietrich

#466601  by SwingMan

The NYA dosen't come through Mineola until like 9:30 through 12:30. I'd say get whatever you want to use ready for when it does come through :wink: . lirr415-Peter

#466604  by SOO4601

Thanks, do you know around when the first train through Mineola is, or is it just different times?

Thanks,
Dietrich :-)

#466787  by SwingMan

I heard the RS-31 and 41 through Mineola at 3:35-3:45PM. Did you see a freight? lirr415-Peter

#466825  by SOO4601

Yep, I caught RS50 with 270 on point followed by 271 at Brentwood Road at Pine-Aire. And a nice video that is! They must've just been grafitied recently, because I was talking to the engineer of the train and he said he tried to make sure he left the engines farther out of the siding, but they grafitied them anyway, ruining a new paint job on both units. I chased them to Yaphank, where the engineer said they would tie up for the night, but I lost them returning.

Thanks for the help though!
Dietrich :-)

#466885  by SwingMan

Your welcome. I've been hearing the freights pass my house in the morning(I'm homeschooled, not an dropout :wink: ). Too bad 270-271 got graffited, I mean look at all the work they did painting it. Now all they have is 2 ruined engines :( . lirr415-Peter

#467060  by Spartan Phalanx

Ahh, the socio-economically-depressed youth of the Brentwood/Central Islaip-area, expressing their frustration with our society by going to the railroad and "creating art".......

#467084  by KFC Jones

lirr415 wrote:(I'm homeschooled, not an dropout :wink: ).
Classic.

#467280  by SwingMan

Its true. lirr415-Peter

#467532  by KFC Jones

No doubt! Did you cut on article day?

#468417  by SwingMan

Heard the 30 and 40 out today. lirr415-Peter