Railroad Forums 

Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

#612217  by timberley

I just ran across this on VIA's site for the second time now, and thought anyone who wasn't aware might find it neat at least.

On the VIA Rail site under the "surplus assets" section, VIA has LRC locomotives number 6907, 6914, 6917, 6919, 6921 for sale by mutual agreement. They've been available since 2003, but evidently noone has taken up the offer.

Here's the link: http://www.viarail.ca/doing_business/as ... asset.html

I have to wonder who, if anyone, will end up with them. Or will they simply end up as scrap like many of the rest? Only time will tell. But I will say, if I had the cash sitting around and a place to put it, I'd jump right on that. Who wouldn't? Now, if only I could win the lottery....
 #612218  by timberley

Oh, one other thing. You will notice, the VIA page that I put the link to allows you to click on each loco for a photo. However, each photo is the same one of the same loco, VIA just has the number painted out so you can't tell.
 #623067  by buddah

Hell im with you ! If I had the money id buy one just for the purpose of knowing it wont be scraped and send it to the Illinois railway museum.