Railroad Forums 

• Anyone know which track is which in Sayre photo?

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#1563889  by nydepot

I numbered them to be helpful. Was really just interested in which tracks were the main but figured I'd label everything. Thanks. (Photo from ebay)
LV Sayre Track.jpg
LV Sayre Track.jpg (142.67 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
 #1563921  by BR&P

WOW! Amazing! First post in the LV forum since early November! :wink:

Charles I don't know the answer but I'm sending the question to a couple possible sources for you. I'll let you know if it works out, or maybe somebody will post here directly with the details.
 #1563947  by TB Diamond

The info below is not vouch safe but is the best that can be ascertained according to a 1973 very worn and faded Sayre Yard track diagram:

Tracks by nydepot numbering:

1. Waverly Branch
2. Eastward main track
3. Crossover westward main track to eastward main track
4.) Westward main track
5.) Eastward yard lead
6. Westward yard lead
7. Track 37 westward yard
8. Track 39 westward yard
9. Track 6 eastward yard
 #1565951  by TrainDetainer

There were two tracks in there, one a very short double-ended siding off the WB Main and another stub next to 37 that may or may not have been tied into 37 at the west end at one time. They lasted into diesel era. IDK their use - educated guess probably for milk/express cars or Pullman add/drops as they seem to have disappeared a few years after passenger trains and milk cars. I have one aerial steam era pic that has two single cars there, one at the west end of each track, and they are too short to be passenger cars but too long to be 40' freight cars so probably either milk or express cars.