Railroad Forums 

• Anyone close to Larry's Truck & Electric?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#719534  by lvrr325

Anyone close to LTE's storage yard that could see if they can spot a couple of engines on their next visit?

They purchased ex-Metra/BN/CB&Q, ex-NYS&W E9s 2400 and 2402 in 2006; google searches turn up no recent mention of them and only one mention of them since the sale indicating they were still on the property in 2007. I do know LTE has several other ex-Metra E9s from other sources stored, three in BN green (latest photos mid-2008) and one in a blue and white scheme (latest photos earlier this year), and perhaps one more in this scheme as well. Someone was asking on the NYS&W board here what the status of these engines are, and presumably if they exist they are still buried somewhere at LTE. I did look at a lot of photos but couldn't see any unaccounted for E9s in any of even the photos taken from overhead structures that showed large numbers of locomotives.

This pair would be maroon with large gold stripes, and black roofs, they might even be mistaken for being Wisconsin Central units at first. I believe at time of purchase niether one was operable, although HEP units may have been functional.