Railroad Forums 

• Any Southern Division experts out there?

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

#657520  by Boston-and-Maine

b&m 1566 wrote:No the Blue Hopper that I'm talking about you can not see from 93. Behind the strip mall is where Concord's rail yard use to be. It use to be right in between the strip mall and 93. In fact the strip mall is where the train station once stood and if I’m not mistaken 93 sits where the turn table use to be; in fact I think 93 took over some of the rail yard. All that is left of the Yard is 3 storage tracks, one of what use to be two mainline tracks (remember it use to be doubled tracked from Boston all the way to Concord at one time) and a passing siding track that is use for the engines to run around the cars which is located just north of the strip mall and of course that Tower which is used by NEGS as there office. Not to mention B&M’s old industrial area (where Concord Trailways is) that whole are is a grave yard for abandoned tracks. You could spend days finding tracks in the woods, in the pavement, in the dirt.... everywhere. If you want pictures though you better hurry the land is for sale for commercial redevelopment and I have heard of rumors that it could start with in the next few years. If I’m not mistaken Guilford still owns the land but I'm not sure. Let's hope they can get some rail customers in there again.
Hey B&M 1566, this is from the NEGS thread... Comparing the text I put in bold and italics to what I mentioned in my post three posts above this one, are we talking about the same area?
 #803060  by fromsuncook

B&M 1566 and Bostn-and-Maine, you are talking about different areas of Concord. If you come in from the south on Route 3 the station, strip mall (hey your talking about our big "Britt's and Stop&Shop shopping center" in my day) are to the right or north just up Main and a quick block to the right or East toStorr's St. The place with all the tracks, turntable and falling down buildings would be to your left, between Hall Street and S Main, south of where the big gas tanks used to be. That was a huge industrial area in the 60s/70/s and I never did investigate it all.

I realize these posts are a year old but maybe someone is still interesed.