Railroad Forums 

• Any flooding?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#175380  by NellsChoo

Just read that Greenfield MA had some bad flooding during the recent rains. Does anyone know if any damage was done to Guilford's lines in the area? How's E Deerfield yard?

JD

#175403  by NYNE

I was out there on Sunday and traffic on the west end seemed to be running fine. I didn't go by the East Deerfield yard but it is pretty high above the river, so I am guess it is just fine.

#175477  by dnelson

They had some bad flooding on the Maine Eastern Rockland branch last Sunday, between MP 41 and MP 42. That's east of Bayview, around Woolwhich. They had to cancel the passenger train. They had over a hundred prepaid tickets too.
 #175482  by ProRail

There have been no washouts on the GRS Freight Maine or the Conn River South. The only washouts were on the Conn River Mainline north of Brattleboro on the NECR. There is a WJED train trapped up in Claremont unable to go south until the 2 washouts in Putney, VT are repaired, which is expected to be by tomorrow.