Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak Signal HELPER

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1452591  by CSRR573

hi all. So I recently applied for an Amtrak Signal Helper(One prerequisite was automotive technician experience which I have 5 years experience and are a ASE master technician so thought it was perfect for me). I applied about a month and got a phone call that I would be sent a test. Well 4 days I Finally was sent a test a employment test on Thursday, which I had 3 days to respond and if I past it would get an interview. I took it on Friday and felt really good about it, now I have to wait for Amtrak to respond to it. How long does it take for them to respond to you whether you failed or passed. And if I passed and am lucky enough to get an interview, any tips on what I should say shouldn't? Id appreciate any help!
 #1452634  by Acela150

It seems that Amtrak is now switching their pre employment testing to online via email. This is a brand new practice that IMO, should have been used long ago. Short answer, no one knows.
 #1454197  by MrAdvice

CSRR573 wrote:hi all. So I recently applied for an Amtrak Signal Helper(One prerequisite was automotive technician experience which I have 5 years experience and are a ASE master technician so thought it was perfect for me). I applied about a month and got a phone call that I would be sent a test. Well 4 days I Finally was sent a test a employment test on Thursday, which I had 3 days to respond and if I past it would get an interview. I took it on Friday and felt really good about it, now I have to wait for Amtrak to respond to it. How long does it take for them to respond to you whether you failed or passed. And if I passed and am lucky enough to get an interview, any tips on what I should say shouldn't? Id appreciate any help!
Assuming you've passed, be ready for the call at some point following the new year.

Cheers!