Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak seeks to Dispatch Canadian National

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1599210  by Greg Moore

eolesen wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:50 pm Amtrak would be better served not alienating the Class 1's they depend on.

If the recession fears come true, painful budget cuts are coming, and the appetite from flyover country to support the LD network just might not be there this time around.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Right, because playing nice with the Class 1s has been SO productive.

And considering "flyover country" is the part of the country that actually benefits from the LD network, but not the bulk of the corridors, I can't see them giving up something they have historically supported.
 #1599258  by eolesen

It's government’s spending that's likely the trigger for this recession. Or at least that's what Janet Yellen seems to be saying.

https://m.investing.com/analysis/fed-wa ... -200625332

As much as this Administration has followed the Jimmy Carter Playbook and made things even worse than they were in the 1970s, I think you need to look at what happened to Amtrak during those years and later. That's the roadmap that is more likely to occur in my opinion than additional spending, new equipment, etc.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk