I interviewed with Amtrak in October. Though I didn’t get the job and it wasn’t for a passenger engineer trainee. Here are some of the questions they asked based on what I can recall.
1) Name a time when there was a change in a policy at work and how you adapted to it.
2) Tell us about a challenge that you faced at work and how you dealt with it.
3) Name a time when you were missing a certain part or piece of equipment and how you found a solution to work around it??? Can’t remember exactly how this was worded but it was something similar to this. This one was a bit hard to answer
At least for me.
4) Tell us about an unsafe situation at work and what you did about it
5) Tell us about a time when you were unsatisfied with your work and what you did to improve?? Again can’t remember the exact wording but it went something like that.
That’s pretty much it. Do you see a trend? Most of the questions are quite similar, but worded differently. There were three people doing the interview. A human resource person, terminal manager, and a union steward. Beforehand they explained the job to me and what the responsibilities were. After they asked if I had any questions. I wrote some questions down on a notepad so I wouldn’t forget. Anyways good luck to you!