Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak On-Time Performance (OTP) Delays Reroutes Annulled

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1501670  by Greg Moore

Right now sitting in Atlanta, NB Cresent 20(24) is 4:32 behind schedule.
Had to go buy dinner since dining car will be closed.

Not sure I'll make my non-guaranteed connection at NYP, so looking at a last minute change/cost change.
 #1501721  by Greg Moore

And this trip just keeps getting worse and worse. We didn't leave ATL until I think 1:45 AM or so. We couldn't even board until about 1:30 AM because a freight station was sitting in the station. I confirmed with some other passengers that the Crescent apparently sat a few miles from the station for at least an hour.

I suspect from a few clues, the freight may have died on the law and they were waiting for a new crew, but I'm not sure.

We made up some time overnight, but have lost all of it and more since.

So much for Norfolk's Precision Railroading.
 #1501798  by Greg Moore

Train 20(24) finally arrived at NYP 7 hours and 21 minutes late.
It lost close to 1/2 an hour between WAS and NYP. This is a region it often makes up time.
I ended up missing the Empire Service 8:55 train by just over 10 minutes (for a minute it was saying I'd miss it by 1 minute).

As annoyed as I am that NS completely delayed it, I'm more annoyed that we lost as much time as we did on the NEC.
 #1501842  by Greg Moore

JimBoylan wrote:Did the Dining Car close 8 hours before New York?
Nope. Actually they even did a limited menu dinner for us between Baltimore and Wilmington.

Had I think 2 choices of dishes and I had the herb-encrusted chicken (actually very good) with mashed potatoes (with enough butter and ketchup not too bad) and slightly overcooked green beans (actually very good considering they were a bit overcooked.)

And of course the chocolate torte afterwards... heated... lovely.

So, there was that.
 #1502142  by STrRedWolf

STrRedWolf wrote:Track work between New Carrolton and the MARC Odenton Station (read: GROVE interlocking south of BWI) starting March 4th. Trains are going to take a 10-15 minute hit. New schedules are being pushed for MARC, and I bet Amtrak NEC as well.
More info from the MARC schedule. Trains starting at 3pm EST until 8pm EST daily will swap sides at CARROLL and GROVE interlockings. Maintenance will be between those two interlockings from March 4th to June 2nd.