Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak journeyman electrician hiring process.

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1331002  by Roneydaog

applied online was contacted via phone call from recruiter from Miami Florida she scheduled a strength test at a local physical therapy office. once the results from the test were received by Amtrak i received an invite via email to take the assessment i was not able to attend the first session but it was no problem to reschedule the assessment consisted of 2 parts a mechanical test which was 20 questions which you had to answer at least 5 correct to pass and a electrician test which consisted of 30 questions you had to score at least 11. you have to pass both parts to be considered for a interview but if you fail one you still take the other and the score last a year. the results are calculated as soon as you finish the test. i was invited to a interview the following week on a Monday morning simple interview situation type questions union rep sits in n the interview. it took them excatly a week to offer the position which you start out at full rate fir the position. recruiter schedule a physical for you at a local clinic and a online background check.