Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak Job Board Question

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1265898  by tnerb28

Amtrak recently had a Assistant Conductor Position which I applied for at the beginning of the week. I checked the board yesterday and the posting says "This position has already been filled." Is this what the posting will say after it has been removed/closed, or has the position really been filled, and I shouldn't look for an email/call?
 #1266716  by matawanaberdeen

The job board was redesigned a few weeks ago, and NOT for the better. Its a pain in the butt, and it work terrible. I have no idea how this new website does things so I'm afraid I have no good answer, except to say keep applying. Good luck to you.
 #1266970  by tnerb28

I haven't heard anything, so I am gonna assume the worst, from what I have seen on here, it looks like normally you hear with in a week or two. I don't think they hire much out of this terminal, it only sees two trains a day.