Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak Guest Rewards

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1441963  by SouthernRailway

I have just booked plane tickets with miles, and donated the tickets to charity, with NO payment or consideration whatsoever in return, and no tax deduction taken.

I think that there would be plenty of charities along the Northeast Corridor that could use something like that.
 #1568189  by Jeff Smith

https://thepointsguy.com/news/amtrak-ra ... ion-bonus/

I frankly find RPA annoying in their fundraising junk mail and spam emails, but the 10% discount on fares is worthwhile depending on how much you travel:
Boosting your Amtrak Guest Rewards balance presents a bit of a challenge, though. Amtrak Guest Rewards was once an instant transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards, but now points are much harder to come by. Generally, the easiest option is to take advantage of a credit card welcome bonus, but a new offer that popped into my inbox seemed worth a look, as well.

As the email subject line exclaims, “Imagine where you can go with up to 15,000 points.” Amtrak had my attention — 15,000 points could buy me several post-pandemic trips home to my family in the Philadelphia area. I was intrigued.

My excitement quickly evaporated as I continued to read on, but, given how difficult it can be to earn Amtrak points, I decided to still dig in and do some math.

Ultimately, the Silver Rail Society option offers the best return, at $1,000 for 7,000 points — a “cost” of 14.3 cents apiece, compared with 16.67 cents for the “PLUS” option. You’ll need to sign up by Jan. 31, 2021, in order to earn the bonus points.
 #1641775  by Jeff Smith

Guide: ThePointsGuy.com
Amtrak Guest Rewards: How to earn and redeem points with train travel

Whether you want to save money on expensive airline tickets or experience a different mode of travel transportation, you might consider taking the train. While the American train system pales in comparison to many European and Asian train systems, it can still offer a convenient alternative to flying.

If you do decide to take the train in the United States, Amtrak, which operates most of the medium- and long-haul passenger trains, offers its own loyalty program to reward frequent customers with free rides.

Keep reading to find out everything you need to know to maximize the Amtrak Guest Rewards program, including how to earn points, elite status, lounge access and more.