Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak ALC-42 Procurement (Long-Distance LD Charger Variant)

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1617954  by ST Saint

Jeff Smith wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:36 am https://ngec.org/wp-content/uploads/202 ... uppert.pdf
•Next routes 2023
•Coast Starlight (SEA-LA), 1,377 miles
•California Zephyr (CHI-OAK) 2,438 miles
•Additional routes in 2023 will see ALC42 locomotives, dependent upon successful Cab Signal testing for operation in the East.
The Coast Starlight actually already kicked off this week (video not mine):

(I got a "You cannot use certain BBCodes: media." when I tried to embed)

ADMIN: I fixed it; you may have had a slight typo?
 #1618254  by STrRedWolf

My guess is that when the ALC-42's come for the Pennsy, the Airo sets would be ready instead. Although... it may be the second round trip and we'll get both on the line for a time.
 #1618266  by STrRedWolf

Emmett wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:33 pm STR so will the ALC's run the penny when they enter service or when they get airo sets. I hope it's when they go In service. I want to catch them as soon as they enter service.
I'm not sure about the timing. I'm betting more the ALC's will be here first to replace the P42s, but I won't be surprised if they overlap with the Airo sets.
 #1618278  by andrewjw

Emmett, this is the second thread (or maybe the second time this thread) where you've made multiple posts asking about specific details of the ALC and Airo deliveries to the Pennslyvanian. If anyone had any knowledge on this, you'd have seen it already, and asking every month won't change that.