Railroad Forums 

• Amherst Show Coming Soon

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1126890  by Cadet57

I plan to be there right for opening time to get as much done before the hordes of strollers make their way in. :D
 #1133063  by RonM

Now is the time to stop practicing personal hygiene and begin a diet of eggs, beans, and carrots. Next week stop with respect and courtesy lol. Gotta be prepared!
 #1135084  by Steve Wagner

I'm planning to go Saturday if the weather is decent. If it isn't, I'll go Sunday unless the weather is awful.

Note that the website for the show has both a list of exhibitors and their locations and a map.

Aside from restaurants or tables you're helping to man, the best places to sit down are at the kids' activity area in Mallory and the bleachers in the Better Living Center (assuming they're there again).
 #1135118  by dcm74

Steve Wagner wrote:I'm planning to go Saturday if the weather is decent. If it isn't, I'll go Sunday unless the weather is awful.

Note that the website for the show has both a list of exhibitors and their locations and a map.

Aside from restaurants or tables you're helping to man, the best places to sit down are at the kids' activity area in Mallory and the bleachers in the Better Living Center (assuming they're there again).
Bleachers in the BLC have been absent for several years. It seemed that supposedly responsible parents were leaving their unattended kids there and the bleacher section became an accident waiting to happen.
 #1138310  by dcm74

Set-up starts tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon. Vendors arrive all day Friday and early Saturday morning. Doors open promptly at 9AM Saturday with the blast of the air horn. Have your shopping list ready and wear comfortable shoes. Hope Otto has his baby stroller repellant.
 #1138461  by ns3010

And I still need to make my shopping list and must-see-booths list. I should probably get on that...
 #1140586  by Steve F45

did anyone see if TCS did announce a new sound decoder? Someone posted about it on another site and now that topic is gone. Just wondering if there were any specs on it.